About the Client:Mid-size Contractor with a large client basis in the commercial & industrial sectors. They are very stable and in a strong cash flow position and looking to continue its current growth over the coming years. They are building an excellent reputation within London HVAC contracting industry. With 2 offices in the Midlands, this client is looking to appoint someone based within the Birmingham / Coventry area.
About the Role:
- This job entails providing the administrative, office based support required to facilitate maximum efficiency of the projects installation department.
- Your initial involvement would normally be in a “handover meeting” with the client. This includes discussion of the scope of the quoted project, going through the associated financial schedule and any particular details specific to the works along with the Project Manager who will be directly responsible for the operation of the contract.
- You will be facilitating with arrangements for initial site visits or pre-contract meetings for the PM.
- You will be assisting the PM with the development of a worm program, offering administrative support when required.
- You will be helping to confirm the availability of subcontract labour and monitoring the attendance of this labour on site.
- You will be helping to prepare Risk Assessments & Method Statements for all installations to ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations.
- You will be ordering of Air Conditioning and associated equipment for the project.
- You will be ordering required materials for the project. There are standard forms to fill in.
- You will assist with the maintenance of the expected stock materials levels.
- You will help to organise associated equipment and plant such as scaffolding and lifting equipment - anything that could be required to facilitate the project completion.
- You will assist with the ordering of all equipment and materials required for the installation projects, ensuring that items are delivered at a suitable time.
- You will liaise with and control of subcontract labour to ensure that they attend site as required and are fully informed of the scope and nature of the works required.
- You will provide office based assistance to resolve issues experienced by on site personnel.
- You will assist the PM to ensure works are completed on time and to a satisfactory standard. Carry out checks to this end as necessary and ensure that any snagging items are sorted out quickly.
- You will help to arrange demonstrations of completed systems to the client’s representatives as part of the project handover.
- You will contact the client to ensure they are happy with the finished installation.
- You will help to produce and issue Operation & Maintenance Manuals as necessary, working from blank master forms.
- You will liaise with the “After Sales Department” to ensure that the relevant Maintenance Contracts are issued to cover the completed installation.
- You will help to close and archive any completed contract files.
- Management of project costings and finances, ensuring accurate documentation is maintained and stored which can be fed into ongoing, real time management reports. The team need to know, ‘at a glance’, how each project is performing in relation to budgeted costs.
- Issue of Sales Invoices. We operate standard sheets to ensure no invoicing is missed, which forms part of the original contract file. Arrangements vary between deposit before start, monthly interim for completed works and following completion.
- Ensure that all purchase invoices are received; check they are correct and clear for payment in an organised and timely manner.
- Ensure that any queried invoices are periodically reviewed and the relevant suppliers are updated / liaised with to ensure that credit difficulties do not arise as a result.
- Work with the Project Managers to carry out complete project costing close out reports of all projects and integrate into Monthly Report for Monthly Management Review Meeting.
About the Candidate:We would like to recruit someone with the following characteristics and experience (you will be required to provide examples of your experience in each area):
- Great organisational skills
- IT Literate - Familiar with modern Microsoft Packages
- Customer Focus
- Accurate and Detailed Record Keeping
- Team Playing Qualities with a flexible approach to work
- Good literacy and mathematical capabilities
Points of Appeal:
- This is a permanent role on a Mon-Fri basis (40 hours) offering a basic salary of approx £18000 - £20000 per annum.
- Candidates can develop their skills and general understanding of the Construction and HVAC Industry Sectors.
- This is a starting point for those wishing to develop Project Management skills, administrative skills and accounting skills.
- You will be part of a vibrant Projects Division working on a wide range of complex and innovative HVAC Installations.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Paul McQuade on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org