About the Client:A true HVAC specialist, they work with a wide variety of end user clients and M&E / FM Contractors across the South of England, notably in Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Greater London. The business has been providing a comprehensive maintenance, installation and commissioning service for 30 years and they work with public and private sector buildings and facilities – covering the whole HVAC package. All aspects of Commercial Heating (Boilers and systems of all sizes), Control Systems, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical Maintenance are covered within their service offering and they would ideally like genuinely multi-skilled engineers to join their team. My client is looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Commercial Gas Engineer in and around Bedfordshire.
About the Role:
- A multi-skilled Commercial Heating / Electrical Engineer is required to cover a 50 mile radius of Luton.
- Candidates should have a high level of experience in the installation, commissioning and service/maintenance of commercial heating systems, associated control systems, electrical systems and associated plant. If the engineer has AC and refrigeration experience – even better!
- This is a mobile position (vehicle provided) and will see candidates visiting a range of commercial clients across the region.
- Installation of new heating and electrical systems
- Maintenance, service and breakdown coverage on new and existing HVAC systems
- Commissioning of new systems
- Fault finding and breakdown / repair work on existing plant, equipment and systems
- Basic PPM and Reactive Maintenance work as part of a pre-programmed maintenance strategy
- Some commercial catering and refrigeration coverage (if qualified)
- The work is 75% outside of Greater London – largely around Northern Home Counties.
- Some call out coverage may be required.
- Overtime to be expected – contracted hours are 8 per day but likely hours (with travel included) are 10 hours per day
About the Candidate:
- The candidate should have previous experience in a similar commercially focused role. Because of the nature of the work, candidates MUST have the following qualifications:
- Commercial Gas COCN1,CORT1,CICA1,ICPN1,TPCP1A,BMP,TPCP1
- Domestic Gas CCN1, CPA1,CENWAT,CKR1,HTR1
- C & G 2330 Level 3 Electrical Installation
- C & G 2382 17th Edition Wiring Regs
- C & G 2391/ 2392 /2394/ 2395 Inspection and Test
- PASMA (tower scaffolding)
- IPAF Scissor & Boom Powered access 3a & 3b
- Hot Water Systems (Vented & Unvented) Safety Certificate
- Water Supply Regulations Certificate
- L8 Legionella (Operatives) Prevention & Water Treatment Certificate
- FGAS would be a major bonus but is not essential.
- Driving License is essentiall
Points of Appeal:
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Overtime and call out payments
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Paul McQuade on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org