About the Client:Founded over 30 years ago, my client was created to be a life safety system specialist. They specialise in delivering complete installation packages and outstanding maintenance support services to end user clients. My client is looking for an experienced National Operations Manager in and around Warwickshire.
About the Role:
- National Operations Manager - Day to Day management of up to four internal coordination and administration staff, with line management responsibility for up to twenty field based engineering staff from our Head Office.
- Salary package negotiable subject to skills and experience.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Division and working in close liaison with our Technical Manager, this key role within the business will be based at their Head Office in Rugby with the primary focus of ensuring all elements of their service and support delivery remain true to instruction, on time, on budget and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Providing day to day management and motivation to the office based coordinators / administrators who schedule, process and invoice works under your guidance.
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept regarding financial performance, contract retention, false alarm analysis, emergency call out response, PPM completions rates etc in accordance with the Divisional KPI spreadsheet, so the results can be presented as part of the monthly management review and biannual NSI Fire Gold auditing processes.
About the Candidate:
- Must be a fluent and skilled communicator, both in writing and when speaking with, or listening to customers and staff alike.
- A will to succeed and improve both personally and professionally, with a ‘I’ll do whatever it takes’ attitude demonstrated through management commitment and understanding a role such as this is not a 9 to 5 job of work.
- Excellent people & process management skills.
- Must fully subscribe to a customer intimate approach to service delivery, yet remain able to strike the right balance between the provision of a high quality service and ensuring commercial success.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to prioritise workload and maintain effective communication throughout.
- Previous engineering or sales background in life safety systems.
- A detailed understanding of statutory life safety systems maintenance, emergency response, installation & commissioning processes.
- Fully conversant with MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Adobe Acrobat.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of a variety of life safety system types such as Fire Alarms, Emergency lighting, PAVA, Disabled Refuge & Call Alarms, AOV & Dampers, Leak Detection, Gas Extinguishing Systems, Fire Extinguishers.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the applicable codes of practice governing the above equipment types, and provision of services to these . E.G. BS58391(2013)
- FIA qualified in fire systems design, installation, commissioning & maintenance or equivalent preferred.
- A working knowledge of most of the following OEM’s products, Gent, Advanced, MultiIfax, Protec, Apolllo, Hochiki, Baldwin Boxhall, Tyco, Menvier, TOA, Kentec, Notifier, Morley IAS preferred.
Points of Appeal:
- Excellent salary package.
- Full in house and additional external product and standards training where necessary.
- Company Mobile phone & Laptop.
- Loyalty Holiday Scheme.
- Christmas Shutdown Holiday Bonus.
- PRP Bonus Scheme & Company Contributory Pension Options
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gareth Hooton on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org