About the Client:Our client is a market leader in the Lift and Escalator Sector. They install, repair, maintain and service all types of lifts, escalators and moving walks from all types of manufacturer. With annual global sales topping £7.6 billion GBP and an estimated one billion people using their product range every day all over the world, the company employs over 54,000 employees in more than 100 countries. They are great believers in safety, quality and customer service - this is the key to their long term success. They provide safe and reliable lift, escalator and related products to a wide range of clients in the UK - from major projects to bespoke solutions. If you would like to work for a company of this stature, we would like to hear from you.
About the Role:New Installation Engineers are required to fulfill a wide range of new projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Measuring & Setting Out Lift Installations in accordance with approved procedures.
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and organisational safety. Preparation of work area for installation activities.
- Handing over and confirming completion of installation activities.
- Install Lift Well and Ancillary Equipment in accordance with approved procedures by selecting appropriate tools and equipment to us based on the operations to be performed and the equipment to be installed
- Install Traction Equipment in accordance with approved procedures by selecting appropriate tools and equipment. Installation will require the siting, assembly, fitting, alignment and adjustment of the lift equipment.
- Installing Lift Ropes (traction media) and adjust in accordance with approved procedures. The applicant will be required to have install suspension, safety and governor ropes to new or reconstructed lift equipment.
- Installation of Lift Doors and Frames in accordance with approved procedures. The doors and frames to be installed include manual and power-operated solid sliding doors, multi-leaf doors, hinged doors, collapsible gates, shutter gates and bi-parting doors and shutters, door operators and safety devices for new or reconstructed lift equipment.
- Checking and Setting the Lift Installation in accordance with approved procedures. The checks to be carried out include the final checks and adjustments to the operation of lift installations prior to final test and commissioning.
- Employees must comply with Company Health & Safety requirements and set a personal example of safe behaviour at all times.
About the Candidate:
- Proven experience in lift installation is required
- Qualified to NVQ level 3
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
Points of Appeal:
- As part of an internationally renowned company paying the most competitive rates available in the UK, you will be rewarded with an excellent basic salary package and ample opportunities for overtime and additional earnings.
- Being a permanent, staff position, you will also qualify for a company pension, holiday allowance, vehicle and a support structure that will give you career stability, security and the potential to further develop your skills and career level.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Paul McQuade on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org