About the Client:Humres Engineers are proud to be working with one of world’s leading Manufacturers of new technologies within the Lift and Escalator industry. A global brand and market leader, our client is responsible for some of the world’s most prestigious and technologically advanced vertical transport solutions, providing the world’s leading banks, hotels, office buildings and more with reliable and advanced Lifts and Escalators. We have an exciting vacancy for a Project Manager. It will be a permanent contract and is based in the client’s East London Offices (with travel to necessary regional offices). To lead, manage and co-ordinate a portfolio of lift and escalator projects delivered to prestigious and high profile clients in the Building Industry by managing project activities and works during the design and installation stages, and to ensure that all activities are completed on time and within budget and to the quality required by the client
About the Role:
- Control actual costs of projects to ensure that gross margins, as agreed with the Commercial Manager, are me
- Ensure that specific projects are completed on time and in accordance with main contractor requirements.
- Manage project activities from start of the design stage to the final commissioning handover of projects.
- Prepare and update internal/client programmes at frequencies agreed with Clients to ensure progress is monitored and reported.
- Manage factory equipment including ensuring that all lift materials are available for installation at dates agreed with Clients.
- Support the Commercial Manager by providing relevant reports on progress, variation orders, procurement, and other items in timely manner.
- Work with Site Supervisors and co-ordinate the planning of all site labour, hoarding and plant requirements.
- Work with the Design Teams to ensure that designs are completed accurately and on time
- Support the designated Site Supervisors to ensure that all direct and subcontract labour complies with company and site safety requirements.
- Manage financial and commercial risks and ensure that mitigation measures are in place to minimise any delays or financial loss
- To comply with the requirements of company policies, and safety, quality and environmental systems.
- Work in the project management team, led by the Commercial Manager, and support and contribute to the development and improvement of project processes and procedures
About the Candidate:
- Mechanical and Electrical field experience (preferably with contractor).
- Understanding of commercial issues, programmes and critical paths is required
- Educated to degree/HNC/HND level or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable.
- IT Literate and competent user of Microsoft packages.
- Personal attributes: self-motivated, organised, driven, tenacious, personable, optimistic, forward planning and resourceful.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Willing to learn by continuous improvement and implement changes in processes and procedures
- Excellent time management, multitasking skills and ability to meet deadlines set.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- Willingness and flexible to work over hours in line with the business demands.
Points of Appeal:The standard working pattern of Mondays to Thursdays 08.15am – 4:30pm, with a 45 minute break for lunch. The hours of work on Fridays will be 08.15am - 4.00pm in the afternoon (37 hours week). The salary is dependent on experience however we are looking at paying up to £55,000 per annum. A company car/ car cash allowance will apply for the role. The successful candidate will be eligible for an End of Year bonus scheme. This is a non-contractual scheme and the percentage will defer based on company performance. Other company benefits include:
- Health Care and Dental Insurance Schemes (Cost of the premiums for single cover is covered by the company, EE only liable to pay tax with this).
- Pension Scheme - Employer contribution is double the percentage of EE’s contribution. This is categorised by age related brackets. 2 times the annual salary is also put into the pension scheme towards an annuity.
- Sports and Social Club (MSSC) scheme, entitling employees to a range of trips at a discounted rate including theatre/ markets etc.
- Reward MEE- benefit which allows employees to apply for retail gift cards at reduced rates.
- Gym Flex- option to view/join local gyms via our benefit portal at reduced membership fees.
- Holiday- 22 days (plus bank holidays) for first full year of service. Entitlement increases by a day each year of service until it reaches 27 days.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Shreejana Shrestha on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org