About the Client:Our client is a third generation family business, operating for almost a century, and they are proud to be recognised as a leading independent HVAC Service provider across Yorkshire, the North of England and Scotland. They work in wide-ranging markets, and specialise in reactive maintenance framework contracts with local authorities and renewable energy contracts for commercial clients. Providing 24hr breakdown cover, the company offers full air conditioning, ventilation and plumbing / heating installation and maintenance service for commercial, industrial and domestic clients.
About the Role:
- As the business continues to grow they are urgently seeking experienced Air Conditioning Engineers to join their 50 strong ranks covering a wide range of contracts in the North of England and Scotland.
- The company currently sub contracts out the majority of its Air Conditioning work. We would like to bring in an experienced professional who can help to build an in house AC team, manage, train and develop them and ensure that the existing client base gets a first class Air Con service.
- A wide range of duties and responsibilities come with the role including, but not restricted to:
- Initially you will be providing a first class AC Service to existing clients - so a hands on approach will be required
- Over time you will be developing an in house team of engineers that can reduce the company's reliance on external sub-contractors
- The team will be involved in installation, service, maintenance and repair of air conditioning and water based chiller/refrigeration systems.
- The client base has a broad range of manufacturer’s air conditioning systems so excellent all round AC and Refrigeration knowledge would be ideal
- The engineer MUST be able to diagnose and repair faulty systems
- AC Systems will include Split systems, Multi Splits, VRV & VRF
- Knowledge of various makes and models is essential
- The client base is largely COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES - notably schools and large public buildings. Previous experience in this working environment would be ideal.
About the Candidate:
- The Air Conditioning Engineers will have a proven track record of lone working, fault finding and direct client interactions and a stable career history.
- They will have previous experience of running a small service team.
- Good quality experience is essential for this role - the client base is demanding and the equipment to be serviced/repaired is varied
- The engineer will largely work unsupervised and will be client facing. Excellent communication skills are required.
- NVQ Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Qualifications are essential
- F-Gas Qualified Engineer is essential
- Valid UK driving license is essential
- Previous experience in fault finding, servicing and installation work is essential
- Must be able to take full DBS Disclosure
Points of Appeal:
- This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer or manager to build a successful team for a well-established and well known HVAC Contractor.
- The contracts are already in place - this is a case of bringing the service delivery "in house".
- We are prepared to offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. Estimating £32,000-£35,000 but open minded.
- This is an opportunity to work with a great family business with a terrific reputation.
- The work is largely focused on North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, and the North East - so expect travel commitments to be kept to a minimum.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Paul McQuade on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com