About the Client:The Service Leader is the primary point of contact for customers and is responsible for an area of Existing Installations within a Region. The Service Leader is responsible for managing all resources within their prescribed area in line with the Company rules, to meet the business targets for the Branch and ensure customer satisfaction. My client is looking for an experienced Service Manager in and around Surrey.
About the Role:Measured variables include:
- Safety and Quality requirements and standards
- Customer communication, portfolio retention and renewal
- Business productivity & cost management
- Employee recruitment and team development
- Optimise the Region’s staffing of service Engineers and Technicians, by planning the personnel needs, including route organisation, workloads and training. Match skills with route requirements and assign/delegate appropriate workloads, develop and sustain team spirit.
- Manage maintenance portfolio from the service contract acceptance to the collection of bad debts including follow-up actions.
- Deliver repair sales targets as determined by the Regional Director.
- Execute leadership to Engineers and Technicians in matters of customer and employee satisfaction, adding value to the business, quality of work and operational efficiency.
- Manage and follow-up actions of customer claims and complaints.
- Conduct periodic quality and safety audits and inspections to ensure service levels and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for the identification and resolution of sick or rouge units, supervise and follow-up of work performed, including developing plans for sick units in cooperation with the Regional Technical Specialist.
- Manage chargeable repairs from offer/sale to completion including the collection of bad debt alongside the credit control team.
- Manage non-chargeable repairs to control costs as best as possible.
- Support sales lead activities in the recovery lost units and the conversion of new products approaching warranty expiration date.
- Supporting employee on the job training and skills development, including safety training and tool box talks in coordination with the Regional Technical Specialist and FQE.
- Conduct at least monthly ‘drum beat’ meetings as a group or one to one as required with first line reports.
About the Candidate:Personal qualities for the position: Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant technical or business discipline.
- Proven track record of running a service business unit (five to seven years) in a related industry.
- Proven track record in managing the customer interface.
- Excellent communicator and proven ability to build networks and relationships with internal and external customer base.
- Proven experience in a management /leadership role
- Proven experience of P&L responsibility.
- Knowledge of the Lift industry or Facilities Management
- Proven technical and commercial awareness as it relates to the lift industry business would be desirable
- SAP experience beneficial
Points of Appeal:
- Good Company to work for.
- Excellent salary package
- Full Benefits Package
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Paul McQuade on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org