About the Client:One of my clients are looking for an Air Conditioning and Ventilation Design Engineer in and around the Birmingham area. The client are a premium air conditioning and ventilation development company looking to expand their business. They are a family run business, which has been trading for over 20 years now. Their main areas of expertise include, but are not limited to design, service, maintenance and installation of air conditioning and ventilation systems for retail, leisure, commercial and domestic premises.
About the Role:The role is for an Air Conditioning and Ventilation Design Engineer, preferably with small estimating knowledge, for pricing and costing planned jobs. The main responsibilities will include:
- Production of detailed quotations for air conditioning, ventilation and mechanical works, to include site surveys, designer risk assessments, heat load calculations and equipment selection for retail, leisure, commercial and domestic projects, value £5,000 - £500,000 across the UK.
- It is important to be computer literate, self-motivated and personable, as well as being able to complete individually and as part of a small team. It is also important to liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Quick and effective reactive work in a range of scenarios.
- Taking a proactive role as a member of the design team.
- Site surveys will be required as and when needs be
About the Candidate:The right candidate for this role must have previous experience working within the air conditioning industry, and must have the following characteristics:
- Relevant Legislation Knowledge.
- Knowledge of all major suppliers and equipment within the market.
- ONC/HNC in building services is preferred but NOT essential.
- The right candidate must have a proven track record of building strong and lasting professional relationships.
- Excellent IT and written Verbal Skills.
- Competent with the use of Auto CAD preferred.
Points of Appeal:
- Salary of £26,000 - £34,000 depending on experience.
- Company Car
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme after 12 months service
- Private Health Care after 12 month Service.
- 20 days annual leave, with an additional day for every calendar year worked to a maximum of 25 years.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Rob Hance on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org