About the Client:My client is a NSI GOLD and Fully BAFE accredited organisation based out of Southampton. They provide fire and security solutions to a wide range of industries in Surrey, Kent, Dorset and surrounding areas. With over 14 years’ experience in the industry they believe that the reason they have such a high retention of engineers is because they value and encourage their staff to excel both within this business and as individuals.
About the Role:
- Servicing, Maintaining Security systems, CCTV and Access/Entry System (the role would include working with some Fire Systems).
- Repair and fault-find on existing installations to return their operation to normal.
- Provide telephone support and technical assistance to fellow engineers and costumers when required.
- Commission and handover systems to customers and their representative.
About the Candidate:
- No Criminal record
- Clean Driving Licence
- Ideally living between Southampton and Brighton (Close to the M27).
- Having Installation experience would be advantageous.
- Practice of working outside of normal hours with minimal supervision.
- Motivated and organised ethics towards works.
- ‘Can do’ attitude towards learning new products and systems.
- Responsibility: developing your own skills
- Time management: Productivity to deliver on-time projects to the highest standards.
- Experience with Security, Access Control and CCTV systems are essential and highly desirable, Fire System experience is a bonus but not a must have.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate standards and NSI audit standards.
Points of Appeal:
- Annual Salary: £26,000 - 32,000 +
- Call out: 1 week in 7
- Standby: £135.
- Hours: 40 per basic week.
- Travel: Up to one hour each way unpaid at start & end of standard working day, all other times are on overtime rates.
- Overtime: Available.
- Holiday: 20 days per annum during 6-month probationary period, increasing to 25 days per annum fully paid (excluding bank holidays).
- Sick Pay –5 days in a rolling 12 month, paid.
- Life Insurance / Long term sickness scheme.
- Fire Systems training provided.
- Auto enrolment pension.
- Equipment: Laptop, mobile phone and all specialist tools.
- Vehicle: Typically, a van – Car by arrangement (greater personal tax).
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Jaimie Dixon on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com