About the Client:My Client is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high-profile projects within London and surrounding areas. My Client is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. The Business has also recently acquired an energy consultancy business based in the US. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
About the Role:Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operational delivery of a project based in or around London up to the total value of circa £35m.
- Managing the site team and dealing with any people management issues
- Formulation of procurement schedules
- Creation and management of procurement strategy for the project
- Value engineering
- Development of design and build deliverables from specification
- Development of contractor design portion from specifications
- Production and review of technical submittals to spec etc.
- Packaging and works/procurement – including preparing order and sub contract packages including analysing costs and making recommendations for ordering.
- Cost control at all levels
- Commenting, control and review of the client’s drawings
- Monitoring of production through from pre-construction to construction
- Planning, forecasting, preparing, monitoring and producing reports, programmes and the like (internal and external)
- Avoiding corrective actions
- Managing and input to completion deliverables (O&M etc.)
- Ensuring the Clients best interests are always taken care of
- Ensure daily records and written records are kept at all client meetings
- Managing daily/weekly deadlines as required ensuring milestone achievements are communicated
- Other duties that may be directed to carry out
- You will also need to ensure the project team deliver in the following key areas:
- Supervise and direct operations on M&E Projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to a high-quality standard, on time and within budget
- Producing and issuing programmes, detailing labour histograms, milestones etc.
- Design development, value engineering, pre and post contract commencement. Scheduling budgets, achieving targets, identifying variations and changes. Closely monitor the usage of materials and resources on projects.
- Manage all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports
About the Candidate:
- Able to demonstrate success working in a similar role within the M&E industry for a substantial period of time
- Building Services related HNC, Degree or Equivalent
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to work well under pressure and multi task
- Keen eye for detail from a technical perspective
- Able to prioritise workload
- Takes responsibility for own workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communicates effectively both written and verbal
- Enjoys problem solving
- Able to interact confidently with all levels of staff
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Good influencing skills
- Builds appropriate and professional relationships with the teams both in the office and on site.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective use of time
- My Client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Points of Appeal:Days/Hours
- Monday to Friday
- 40 hours per week (8am-5pm)
- 25 days annual leave
- BUPA healthcare (Family cover)
- Annual Bonus – 15%
- Pension Scheme
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org