About the Client:As an experienced Building Services engineer, you will be able to produce feasibility assessments, outline and scheme design and final fully coordinated detailed design, including production of Tender documentation. The candidate will also be experience with construction phase monitoring, commissioning and site inspection and contractor liaison to ensure compliance and good workmanship is delivered to the specification standards.
About the Role:Core Skills Required
- Integrate within team to understand all interdependencies and effects of tasks assigned on others.
- Makes a positive contribution to the team and the business as a whole.
- Builds rapport quickly with colleagues, so contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Takes personal pride in providing a quality service to customers (either internal or external) to achieve targets.
- Uses appropriate questioning skills to understand the precise nature of the issue the customer is raising.
- In larger group meetings, demonstrates the confidence to actively listen, participate and make a constructive contribution to the meeting.
- Exercises judgement in selecting an appropriate form of written communication to get their point across i.e. email, letter, report etc.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for personal performance targets.
- Reflects on own performance and learns from mistakes, seeing these as an opportunity to improve performance in the future.
- Prioritises own activity and is methodical in carrying out their work.
- Is flexible, coping well with unpredicted changes to get the job done.
- Stays calm under pressure
- Thinks through costs and benefits of actions before taking them.
- Relays information upwards that may impact the business.
- Ensures processes and systems developed to deliver the contract are adhered to
About the Candidate:Ideal candidate experience/ qualifications
- Minimum 5 years UK experience, post education
- A degree or HND in building services engineering
- Dynamic individual who can self-manage, lead the project from a discipline perspective and work to deadlines
- Have successfully managed small projects for all disciplines.
- Familiar and understands relevant British Standards, Building Regulations, IEE regulations and Statutory compliance
- Familiar and understands good practice industry design guides; CIBSE, BSRIA etc
- Work within a multi discipline design team in a collaborative manner ensuring effective working relationships are fostered which will influence the performance of the team and the success of the project
- Be Client facing and present themselves and Capita in a proactive professional manner
Points of Appeal:Capita offer
- Permanent position as Senior Electrical Engineer
- Salary £35k to £45k, subject to experience
- Working hours 37.5 hrs per week, with flexible working hours.
- 23 days annual leave
- Benefits package is in addition to salary and subject to candidate level and job offer. This could incorporate some or all of the following benefits;
- Car allowance/ company car
- Mobile phone
- Pension contributions
- Private health care
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com