About the Client:My client have been established since 2011 and are rapidly expanding. They have a very clear business model and aim to provide an unrivalled level of service in the Merseyside area. They provide a 1 stop solution for their client’s fire & security needs, allowing them to focus on the business knowing they have adequate protection. This is a great opportunity to join an NSI and BAFE accredited organisation. My client is looking for an experienced Estimator in and around Merseyside.
About the Role:
- 95% office based role 5% meeting clients and attending sites
- Provide an accurate assessment of project costs for fire and security installations
- Responsible for progressing internal and external customer inquiries, interpreting specifications / drawings and strictly adhering to pre-defined deadlines.
- Responsible for drawing take-offs and supplying quotations.
- Day to day production of quotations.
- Post order design, ensuring complete value engineered package is passed to the Operations team for implementation.
- Liaise with colleagues, M&E Contractors, Consultants and Ends Users to fill in the information gaps to ensure accuracy in every submission.
- Ensure full alignment with Corporate Objectives and Compliance with Internal Procedures
- Ultimately ensuring Tender Deadlines and other KPI's are met.
About the Candidate:
- If the candidate has experience of servicing, installing and commissioning fire alarm systems, we are prepared to train the right candidate; therefore it could suit an engineer who is looking to become a designer/estimator.
- Experienced in fire and security estimating (Fire is preferred)
- Working hours 8:30-17:00 (40 hours)
- Have an understanding of BS5839 Part 1-2013 (Design, Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Fire Detection and Alarm Systems).
- Experience-minimum of 5 years on working on fire alarm systems.
- Electrical qualification/FIA or similar training desirable
- Full UK driving license
- No police cautions or criminal record.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Enthusiastic with a real desire to learn
- Ability to multi-task and set clear priorities
- PC Literate, fluent in MS Office Packages (Word, Excel etc.)
Points of Appeal:
- Salary Package- 22K-26K depending on experience
- Holidays-20 days per annum, but this increases one day each year to a maximum of 5 years, so after 5 years it would be 25 days.
- If employee is on company business (carrying out site surveys/seeing customers) they can claim 45p a mile for use of their own vehicle(after 10.000 miles it drops to 25p a mile)
- Company mobile and laptop provided .
- Full training and development programme provided.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Joshua Platt on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com