About the Client:My client is an established and successful company who are specialists in the design and production of metal roofing and cladding systems for the industrial, commercial and public sectors, and refurbishment markets. Delivering the complete metal building envelope from initial concept to project completion.
About the Role:
- Produce design concepts, supporting sketches and fully detailed technical drawings for the design of a range of established facade types.
- Research and Development of existing systems and new innovation
- Development of and updating existing drawings, design and detail new;
- System specifications
- Typical construction details
- Associated components
- Development and production of new and updating existing technical drawings and data to meet new regulations, designs, etc.
- Project manage various subject matters from conception to fruition, such as R&D of existing systems, innovations, etc.
- Visiting architects, specifiers etc. to discuss technical issues pertaining to product range, as and when required.
- Liaising with production, planning and commercial teams as and when required.
- Managing structural testing, wind load testing, CWCT testing, etc.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training plans & instructions to accommodate new product introductions
- Assist with general day to day technical enquiries as and when required
- Support technical, commercial and contracting teams by attending meetings and/or site investigations, including reporting, etc as and when required
- Supporting external project development team as and when required
- Day to day enquiries from the industry – architects, design & build contractors and facade contractors, by telephone and e-mail.
About the Candidate:
- Qualified to a minimum HNC standard in an engineering discipline and able to demonstrate a high level of expertise with rainscreen facade systems.
- Be fully conversant with AutoCAD 2D/3D. Experience of the BIM environment would be preferred but not essential.
- Ability to engineer solutions from first principles, demonstrating the ability to undertake fundamental calculations to support the design concept.
- Knowledge or understanding of key building performance characteristics such as thermal, acoustic & structural.
- Previous experience in delivering multiple projects, ensuring deadlines and budgets are maintained.
- Previous experience of managing NPI projects preferable but not essential.
- Excellent PC skills with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Points of Appeal:
- Financial stability
- Fantastic team
- Attractive salary package
- Company going places
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Clive Rowland on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com