About the Client:A very well respected Fire Safety company (National) client of mine is seeking a 'Fire Alarm on Demand Engineer' / Fire Alarm Engineer for in and around the M25 and surrounding counties. Client pays Door to Door travel. All Engineers provided with a Company car.
About the Role:A fairly accurate breakdown on how there time will be spent is 85% fault finding, 10% commissioning, 5% routine maintenance of Fire Alarms. Common systems we use are Ziton, Advanced, GENT, Kentec. They also maintain ADT, Protec, Notifier, Morley.
- Working hours: 8am to 5pm
- Salary: Up to £30k+ OTE per annum dependant on experience.
- My client also pays travel from home to home (all travel time paid for)
- Overtime rates: 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm standard time, Weekdays 7pm to midnight time and a half, Midnight to 6am double time, Weekends Sat 6am to midnight time and a half, all day Sunday double time
- Callout: Currently 1 week in 11. A standby payment of £105 (£15 per day, if callout falls on a bank holiday it’s increased to £25 plus a day off in lieu). Overtime is paid for any callouts attended at whatever overtime rate is in force at the given time.
- Incentive payment: My client offers an incentive payment of 5% parts and install on any small works leads that are converted to order that are generated by the engineer, capped at £250 payment
- A company car will be provided – A Renault Megan (tourer), a company logo is displayed in the rear window, a tracker is also fitted. The car can be used in personal time, mileage is declared on the engineer’s expenses where we deduct 11p per mile for personal mileage
- Holidays: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays, the engineer must retain 3 days for Christmas for shutdown over the Christmas period
- Pension: client contributes 3% of annual salary
- Equipment: The engineer will be issued all kit required to carry out his duties including PDA and laptop
- Training: Training is provided on all systems that we supply, training is either conducted at our training facility in Loughborough or at the manufacturer
About the Candidate:The role is suitable for an Fire Alarm Engineer with significant fault finding experience on a variety of fire systems as the majority of their time will be spent rectifying faults, anything from a simple device change to chasing wiring faults or major component changes and C&E changes. The role also includes a small element of commissioning and the occasional routine maintenance visit.
Points of Appeal:
- Salary £30k+
- Company car
- Personal mileage allowed
- Lots of training
- Paid Door to Door travel
- 25 days holiday plus B.H
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Louise Shepherd on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com