About the Client:One of the Lift Industry’s leading manufacturers, our client has a portfolio of over 250,000 units worldwide, production facilities across Europe and a growing reputation in the United Kingdom. Their business is dedicated to design, manufacture, installation, maintenance, and modernization of mobility solutions such as lifts, escalators, and moving ramps and walkways. With routes all over the UK, they are seeking to strengthen their repair team in the West Midlands and are looking to recruit a technically sound and very experienced lift industry professional who can act as the regional Repair Engineer for the business around Birmingham and the surrounding area.
About the Role:Planning, Organising & Communication
- Plans repairs jobs to maximise site time and minimise travelling time. Liaises with office to ensure parts are available (in some cases organises parts), paperwork is in place and customer advised on timings. On arrival on site contacts customer and agrees requirements and provides ongoing feedback on progress as required. Where implemented, follows a pre-schedule programme.
- Carries out Risk Assessment dealing with any hazards that may require attention prior to commencing work on the lift and posting warning notices as appropriate at each floor entrance. Carries out repairs in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with all company procedures and method statements. Ensures all jobs are completed within budget.
- Submits accurate weekly job sheets, repairs reports and timesheets completed in line with company procedures. Supervises a Repairs Mate, utilising his/her talents available to the best of their ability and providing appropriate training to enable the individual to develop their career.
- Adheres to all Health, Safety & Environmental regulations, guidelines & information, company procedures and method statements. Responsible for the Company van (keeping it in a clean and roadworthy condition). Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used / worn as appropriate and kept in good order. Keep all company tools, instruments and materials in a safe and secure manner and report any damages or losses immediately to Supervisor.
- If required provides support to the local Service Team. In exceptional circumstances is part of the Callout rota where responsible for communicating with the call centre and closing down each call-out. On arrival at site attempts to obtain facts from the customer as to the events leading up to the failure of the plant. Where appropriate, interrogates and notes error/fault codes saved in the error/fault log of lift controller, establishes the reasons for failure and carries out appropriate repairs. If unable to fix the problem, or requires support, advises Supervisor or Service Admin Centre as soon as possible to enable suitable assistance to be organised to achieve the quickest possible route to returning the lift to service.
About the Candidate:
- Service and Repairs Engineer - NVQ 3, LEIA Units 1 (Introduction to Lift Technology), 15 (Fundamentals of Lift Technology), 9 (Managing Safely) + 2 other units from... 12 (Electronic Systems & Controls for Lifts), 17 (Advanced Lift Technology - Electrical), 16 (Advanced Lift Technology - Mechanical)
- Must have valid UK Driving Licence.
- Certified under Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) or able to achieve.
- Ideal Background Experienced Lift Engineer used to dealing with a portfolio of 150 lifts and exposure to a variety of different makes and models.
Points of Appeal:
- This role offers a competitive starting salary (Subject to experience) and a great benefits package, as you would expect working for one of Europe's leading Lift Manufacturers.
- Company vehicle, generous holidays, phone, lap top, supplies, PPE, pension and more - we are looking for applications from engineers at various levels in their career and all applications are handled in the strictest of confidence.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Shreejana Shrestha on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org