About the Client:My Client was Established in 1948 and is a family-run company with a proven record of achievement Whilst we have changed significantly over the years, our enduring focus has always been to achieve outstanding levels of client satisfaction. Our non-confrontational approach is based on collaboration and communication, and underpinned by our core values of Excellence, People, Teamwork and Honesty, which are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role:We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced, mechanically biased, Project Engineer to join its team. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Project Engineers to support the business in the delivery of schemes at one of the fastest growing Mechanical and Electrical companies in the UK. The role of Project Engineer is to be responsible for the effective project engineering of all technical and commercial aspects of the electrical, mechanical and public health installation, ensuring that operations on site are carried out in a safe manner, whilst ensuring functions are carried out in line with company policies and procedures and relevant legislation. You may work exclusively or as part of a team reporting to a project manager ensuring that defined projects are engineered/re-engineered to specification and delivered in line within quality, cost and time requirements. When not working under a Project manager the You will have an objective and proactive approach to interaction with the client and build a ‘customer facing’ project team capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders. You will be an excellent and effective communicator at all levels.
About the Candidate:
- Ideally time served technical apprentice with experience in a similar role with a MEPH contractor
- Proven track record of depth of experience in given field of expertise.
- Good understanding of MEP technical issues
- Demonstrate appropriate health and safety leadership ensuring it is at the forefront of everything we do
- Developing and maintaining positive customer relationships
- Providing a strong and consistent approach to project delivery
- Ensuring that the project is designed and that the installation meets the client’s specification and statutory requirements.
- Ensuing that all activities are undertaken in compliance with the internal regulations and in line with external legislation.
- Ensure there is effective management of the appointed specialist sub-contractors
- Effective maintaining of project files and record drawings
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with the company’s vison and values
- Ensure that the project is delivered on time and in budget
- Prepare necessary paperwork for the completion of work and ensure it is authorised as required by the client
- Review of the Estimate/Tender for the project, in conjunction with the project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works as defined and awarded by the Client.
- Early assessment of meaningful innovative solutions
- Attend contract review meetings/6 week work plans or allocate appropriate team member.
- Produce and monitor procurement programmes / installation programmes / commissioning programmes in line with procedures and complimentary to the contract dates and programme objectives.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient provision of progress and productivity reports weekly and monthly to senior management. Access and handover records are to be maintained.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient provision of Contract Valuation Performance reports monthly to senior management in accordance with company procedures.
- Attend internal project close out meetings and implement any improvement measures that arise.
- Good Commercial acumen
- Team player
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiastic
- Confident and articulate
- Thorough, methodical with keen attention to detail
- Highly organised
- High personal integrity
- Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Able to perform consistently under pressure
- Approachable and good interpersonal skills
- Highly professional
- Innovative and creative mind - thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Able to meet deadlines
- Accepts change and new ideas
Points of Appeal:Excellent Salary and Benefits
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org