About the Client:My Client formed over 25 years ago and has grown to become one of the leading Design and Build Electrical contractors in the industry. Having a reputation for providing our clients with an exceptional service. My Client offers a complete Electrical package from concept, design and realisation of high end commercial installations. As a member of both the NICEIC and ECA we provide the reassurance and guarantee of consistent high-quality projects.
About the Role:In brief, the role of a Principal Engineer is a role that demands a high level of technical experience with the ability to discuss any aspect of building services installations in a manner that demonstrates a sound technical knowledge and understanding. The role involves managing engineers, junior engineers and technicians on a project specific basis. The employee or candidate must meet the companies standard job description criteria and the role will include the following main duties: -
- Design and Specification of Mechanical and Electrical Installations (Discipline Specific)
- Develop the clients brief to provide suitable solutions to the projects building service’s needs.
- Produce drawings and specifications in order to demonstrate these requirements in a precise and professional manner.
- Understand the role of other design team professionals and liaise closely with them in order to provide a co-ordinated design solution.
- Client Facing and Liaising with Design Team Professionals
- Attend meetings with the client and other design team professionals in order to establish and develop the clients brief and an understanding of the project issues.
- Liaise with other design team professionals to design out any construction issues.
- Project Management
- The Principal engineer will be responsible for Design and liaise and co-ordinate with Project Managers and the Client at meetings and workshops in order to ensure the project is completed in accordance with the client’s requirements to the standard expected.
- Deal with project management issues and understand the project programme.
- Ensure the project is co-ordinated in house and shared resources such as CAD/Revit and admin are utilised as efficiently as possible.
About the Candidate:Must have:
- A sound level of experience and technical knowledge in the building services field
- A sound knowledge of current industry practices and technologies
- A sound understanding of the construction design process
- A sound understanding of the Construction, Design and Management Regulations
- A suitable qualification in mechanical or electrical building services
- Sound educational background – especially with regards to Maths & English
- Good communication skills
- Be self-motivated
- An attention to detail and high presentation standards
- Hold a current driving licence
- A sound knowledge of construction contracts
- A good understanding of construction contracts and processes
- Previous experience of project management
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Knowledge of building regulations, industry standards and legislation
- Previous experience working within a design and/or a consultancy environment
- Previous experience of client facing and working as part of the design team
- Knowledge of energy usage and performance with respect to equipment and construction types
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and performance calculations
- A high level of computer literacy and knowledge of modelling and calculation software
- A sound level of skill with general office computer packages (word, excel, email etc)
- An understanding of CAD
- A Degree (or working towards)
- Management qualifications
- Engineering Council registration to a minimum of IEng
- Previous experience in a financial and business development role
- Lead by example with regards to timekeeping, producing high quality documentation, compliance with Health & Safety Legislation etc
- Treat others fairly and with respect (including our suppliers and sub consultants)
- Be honest & open
- Be able to communicate with all levels of personnel
- Be able to manage a design team of their own discipline whilst liaising with others
- Generate a level of fees for the business and be willing to assist in marketing the business
Points of Appeal:
- The Successful Candidate must be willing to travel between the Maidenhead and London offices
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com