About the Client:My Client was Established in 1948 and is a family-run company with a proven record of achievement Whilst we have changed significantly over the years, our enduring focus has always been to achieve outstanding levels of client satisfaction. Our non-confrontational approach is based on collaboration and communication, and underpinned by our core values of Excellence, People, Teamwork and Honesty, which are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role:The Senior Project Engineer will be electrically biased and will be responsible for the management of all technical and commercial aspects of the electrical installation, ensuring that operations on site are carried out in a safe manner, whilst ensuring functions are carried out in line with company policies and procedures and relevant legislation. May work exclusively or as part of a team under a project manager ensuring that defined projects are engineered/re-engineered to specification and delivered in line within quality, cost and time requirements. When not working under a Project manager the They will have an objective and proactive approach to interaction with the client and build a ‘customer facing’ project team capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders.
About the Candidate:
- To be capable of taking full responsibility for the profitable control and management of a multidiscipline contract through all the project phases- design-pre-construction-construction commissioning-completion-soft landings-post completion.
- Manage the design process ensuring the design meets the internal and client’s specification and statutory requirements.
- Positively review and evaluate the project works required by the specification and drawings, and reengineer the installations and systems to ensure financial betterment to the project.
- Ensure early engagement of the commissioning manager
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedures and external legislation and guidance.
- Ensure that procurement strategy is delivered in line with programme.
- Ensure that any subcontract/warranty agreements are ‘back to back’ with agreements.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors appointed by the company are fully competent to fulfil their obligations under health and safety legislation prior to commencing works on site
- Monitor and ensure that the work of appointed sub-contractors is being carried out to specification, programme and regulations.
- Review subcontractor applications/variations and report as necessary.
- To be the company's senior representative when not working under a project manager for a given project and have the authority to make decisions on behalf of the company and accept responsibility for all matters affecting the project.
- Review, develop and agree roles and responsibilities for each project team member under their control, ensuring that all persons are competent to fulfil their assigned tasks.
- Review, develop and agree daily, weekly, monthly resource objectives as required.
- Attend internal project handover meetings and agree margin enhancement strategy and commercial strategy for the project and ensure that the commercial performance of the project is monitored and reported in line with business procedures.
- Will be responsible for the overall direction and control of site activities to implement the health and safety policy and environmental policy at project level and ensuring compliance with any relevant internal procedures, statutory requirements and other obligations which are relevant to their operations.
- Ensure the correct operation of the company systems and reporting procedure to minimise risk including monthly project performance reviews.
- To have overall responsibility for the administration, control, programming, re-programming and progress of the project.
- Ensure that labour is used effectively and in a way that maximises the productivity of the business, correcting unproductive activities
- Attend contract review meetings/6 week work plans and lead if necessary
- Compile and submit valuations/Variations with the Project Manager/Project Commercial Manager in line with the subcontract, ensuring that these are maximised and that timely payment is received.
- Provide information required for ‘Monthly Contract Report’ in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Commercial Manager and Operations Director
- Will represent the business as the Soft Landings Champion on allocated projects and ensure that the ‘Soft Landings’ procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure that final account and variations are agreed progressively and that the final account is agreed within one month of PC.
- Ensure that completion documentation is made available in good time.
- Attend internal project close out meetings and implement any improvement measures that arise.
- Develop ‘Post completion Remedial Action Plan’ with client and customer care representative and close out progressively.
- Ensure a relentless focus on ‘Safety Comes First’ and ‘Focus 30’
- On completion of a project provide specific project detail to the marketing department to aid project case studies.
- Maintain CV with current previous/current project information for business case presentations
- Good Commercial acumen
- Team player
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiastic
- Confident and articulate
- Thorough, methodical with keen attention to detail
- Highly organised
- High personal integrity
- Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Able to perform consistently under pressure
- Approachable and good interpersonal skills
- Highly professional
- Innovative and creative mind - thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Able to meet deadlines
- Accepts change and new ideas
Points of Appeal:Excellent Salary and Benefits
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8979 or email email@example.com