About the Client:My client is one of the UK’s leading engineering experts in Fire Solutions, specialising in Fire suppression/sprinkler and fire detection systems with over 30 years of fire industry experience. Fully BAFE AND FIA accredited and are a recognisable organisation within the fire suppression industry. My client is looking for an experienced Small Works Manager in and around Greater London.
About the Role:This is an office/home based role however the individual will be expected to go out to site to complete survey’s and meet with clients.
- Co-Ordination of all Small related works, using own team of engineers or approved sub-contractors only.
- Monitor all aspects of the work and ensure completion and update Alarm master accordingly
- Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly/weekly and ad hoc reports and distribute accordingly.
- Issue monthly forecast to determine expected revenue from department (7th Day)
- Responsible for P&L reports
- Ensure an excellent service delivery is provided at all times, to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Assist Customers (both internal and external), Sales Personnel and the Service Teams with general enquiries, in person, by telephone, e-mail, facsimile and letter.
- Maintain accurate filing system and for all related jobs.
- Monitor all outstanding works and clear backlog.
- Liaise with subcontractors and internal departments as required
- Maintain the tariff pricing and cost spreadsheet for Fire/Gas Systems
- To maintain a good working relationship with all personnel within the company.
- Receive all ASQ and other fire related sales enquires, and complete site surveys as needed
- Chase all quotes on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to maintain/increase conversion.
- Complete all tenders and enquiries as required to meet client’s expectations
- Maintain the company expected margin
- Complete audits on sub-contractors in accordance with the ISO 9001/ BAFE
- Liaise with third party accreditation (BSI/BAFE) and review processes
About the Candidate:
- Live in close proximity to the Northern Home Counties
- An experienced background in a role similar spanning several years within the fire safety industry ideally on the mechanical side
- This role is for a technically minded individual
- An individual who can handle a large volume of work
- This role would suit a fast past individual
- Significant knowledge of applicable standards and accreditations including BS5839 and BAFE
- Recognised educational qualifications relating to customer service and business
- F-gas certification or similar certification
- Stem from a mechanical/design background/sprinkler/gas suppression
- Good inter-relational and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach
- Ability to use a Personal Computer with the following software types: Excel skills, Word-processing, report generation, Spreadsheets and Database.
- Full clean driving license (will accept 3 points no more).
- No criminal record or CCJs
Points of Appeal:
- Competitive basic salary
- Company car or allowance available
- Fantastic company culture
- Bonus’s based on performance
- Frequent social activities out of hours
- Great company to work for
- Great market presence
- Good retention of engineers
- Already successful division
- Salary up to £43k basic dependant on experience
- Company car or generous allowance available
- Additional package – will be outlined at interview stage
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Louise Shepherd on 0203 640 8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org